Monday, September 19, 2011

My Pump-Up Happy Song

I've been pretty happy this whole trip so far, but when I need a little pick-me-up, or just want to dance or whistle to something, this is my jam:


It's called "Home" and it's by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros. Not only does the song sound happy, but the lyrics are nice for traveling: "Home is wherever I'm with you". As a super social person, this song helps me appreciate traveling with my group, but it also reminds me of all the "homes" I've had in my 20-something years: any and every place that has people I love. I've been lucky to recently have added Geneva to that list, but you can bet that if I've ever spent time with any of you reading this blog, you're one of the people I think of when I listen to "Home". I miss you, but I'm also very glad to have been at home with you at one time or another.

Now... how long until it's not stuck in your head? :) 

No comments: